The title track does acknowledge "the true north star," and that is a step in the right direction. While it is fun to partake in holiday traditions, sing carols, and a song where Christmas is "in the air like cinnamon," it is important to remember the real reason for the season, and you can find your way back home by following that true north star.
"It Won't Be Christmas" for another five months, and I can still say that this album was better than expected. I wasn't Bolton to listen to this record; it was one that had me feeling inquisitive, yet it left the temperature too low to bake those cookies, but I still got out the oven mitts. The song with Michael and Mickey is another holiday hit.
While the final two covers are recorded and rendered with respect, I cannot help but feel that Guyton's version of "So You Wanna Build a Snowman?" sounds like a Kidz Bop song in reverse, but that might give you the wrong impression because it is a really good version of the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment